add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Northern San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › “Photography is my one recreation and I think it should be done well

“Photography is my one recreation and I think it should be done well.” - Lewis Carroll

A former member
Post #: 100
Do well in your photography, learn from a professional who has presented to over 30,000 attendees.

Adobe Photoshop Elements for Beginners - Palomar College, Tue, Mar 1 & Thu, Mar 3, 7PM to 8:30PM
I'm teaching a 3-hour webinar, "Beginning Photoshop Elements". You'll watch me demonstrate PSE on my PC while you watch from your own PC. If you have a question, ask and I can repeat the demo, slow down the demo or answer via audio. It's like watching over my shoulder while I edit different photos. The sessions are recorded for your review.

Annual Spring Desert Wildflower Workshop - Anza Borrego Desert State Park, Sat & Sun, Mar 26 & 27
With all the late rains and cool temps this year, I'm betting the wildflowers will be a bit late so I scheduled this for the last weekend in March. As always, this is a combination wildflower, macro and gear test lab. Anyone shooting Canon can borrow any of my gear. Stay tuned for details. Registration and more information can be found HERE.

Hands-On Photoshoot Workshop - Palomar College, Sat, Apr 2, 9AM to Noon
I'm leading a Palomar College Photoshoot Workshop at Kit Carson Park in Escondido. In 3 hours, we'll cover kids' sports at the Sports Center, birds/wildlife at Sand Pond, statuary & architecture at Queen Califia's Magic Garden. In the process, you'll learn how to control exposure, nail focus, use Depth of Field to your advantage and, in general, make photos you can be proud of.

Butterfly Jungle at Wild Animal Park, April 13, 9AM to Noon
Butterfly Jungle returns to Wild Animal Park from April 9 through May 8. This is a great opportunity to learn and practice macro (close-up) photography and tripod skills.
There will be one workshop limited to 6 students on Wednesday, April 12 from 9AM until noon. If you miss this workshop, you’ll have to wait until next year. Click HERE to register.

Learn Composition from an Award-Winning Photographer, April 20,
Gloria Hopkins, award winning artist, photographer and author will present a 3-hour webinar class explaining her amazingly easy-to-understand concepts of composition and design. In just three short hours, your photos will improve dramatically and noticeably.
If your photograph isn't composed, it's just a snapshot. Gloria Hopkins will show you how you can train your eye to evaluate, analyze and compose the elements in your photos for pleasing, balanced and impactful images.
More information and the registration form are HERE.

Backyard Photography at Kit Carson Park, April 23,
On Saturday, April 23, follow up your dSLR webinar class with a “hands-on” photoshoot at Kit Carson Park in Escondido. Learn as you photograph birds & landscapes, statuary, kids at the sports complex and all manner of flowers, insects and other macro subjects.
This 4-hour class (8AM-Noon) is limited to just 8 students. I’ll show you how to estimate exposure then dial in the desired values, focus and compose a pleasing image. Techniques for controlling the camera to minimize blur will also be demonstrated. After this workshop, you will be able to confidently photograph in all conditions with full control over your dSLR. Follow THIS LINK for more information.

FREE Meetup at Pacific Railway Museum, Campo, April 30, 9AM-Noon

HDR Tools, Tips & Techniques with Rob Sheppard, May 5, 9AM-Noon
Rob Sheppard, editor-at-large of Outdoor Photographer magazine, National Geographic contributer and HDR maven, will present a 3-hour webinar demonstrating his favorite HDR tools, tips and techniques.
Rob will start with the basics and cover the tools he personally likes and uses as well as others he’s tried that didn’t make the cut. Along the way, he’ll give you tips and techniques to improve your HDR results. The current trend in HDR is toward more realistic images that accurately reflect what our eyes see and Rob’s style perfectly matches that trend. Rob will wrap up the webinar with a “Compare & Contrast” session covering several leading HDR tools to help you select what’s best for your needs and budget. Register HERE­.

All my classes (except Palomar classes) offer lifetime e-mail support as long as you're using the same dSLR. On all Photoshoot Workshops (except Palomar workshops), Canon shooters have complete access to all the gear I have with me. Want to try a 300/2.8L IS USM ($4200)? Just ask and you can borrow it. Want to try a 100/2.8 macro lens? It's yours. Want to see if a 7D is your cup of tea? Take it for a spin.

Be wise, don't hesitate, register today!