addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Nottingham Social Activities Group Message Board › Shout going out to all vampires and citizens with pigeon-holed personalities

Shout going out to all vampires and citizens with pigeon-holed personalities

A former member
Post #: 3
With reference to the unhappy customer at the 24 May 2013 pub crawl. Tell me about it. The entertainment/propaganda industry is a big con, from top to bottom, even if I, Magister-Chief of the Second Inner Chamber of Spiritual Enlightenment and Weaponry (following the latest reshuffle), say so myself. Don't despair about the ale mate. Besides it's not what it's cracked out to be. Come and join the Depressives Proactive Group (DPG). I will let you know about the next meeting, that is when I get round to organizing it (don't seem to feel bothered about doing anything really). As a rule we usually just let members do whatever they feel like, apart from a broad interpretation of the Ten Commandments (plus supplimentary legislation); I can send you a copy of it once the latest update has been done (we're just checking what other people think). Seriously though the drinks industry is just another branch of industry serving the interests of the international ruling class and associates, real ale, pale ale, or whatever turns you on. If you want quality you need to travel through time, and as far as I understand it is only possible to move forward. As a consolation here is a poem from the DPG, written by our official poet and media rep on the 19th of December 2009. In my opinion it's a rather nice piece of work; it is titled quite simply and powerfully - "Depression". By the way this poet chap really takes himself seriously, but when I first read it I nearly died laughing (he's obviously got no literary or aesthetic talent, but he provides a free service so we just humour him). He can't even spell.

Depression, is not a disease
To be discussed, deduced, defined, deconstructed, debated.
At least, it begins after the last post.
There there are no signs;
Only something in between self and non-self.
Except this being never was, real;
Not perfectably, debateably, joyfully, woefully, tearfully.
Although, the holiday was nice,
And the certificates in a dirty brown envelope.
"She could have been a doctor."
"He could have been someone."
The Great demographic mass; a still undetermined quantity.
Where conscious struggle and agony meet.
Youth and fertility crossing over, to dim,
Twilight worlds; damp and decomposing;
Or hot, dry, and decomposing.
Then Springtime, dewy shoots.
Green, green, magic radiation;
Life's renewed energy.

Depression is not a medical condition, ultimately.
It is unjustifiable suffering.
Speech condemns the weak;
Nature speaks, as if to say:
"Your inherent right to life - this way."

This one's on me mate.