Do you use Scala at your job, or wish you could?
February's ny-scala meetup will feature a panel on professional Scala development in New York. We've got panelists from companies that that have transitioned parts of their software stack to Scala, as well as those lucky jerks who started with Scala as their primary language.
Topics will include:
- Explaining the benefits of Scala to co-workers
- Sensible forays into the language for all-Java codebases
- Stumbling blocks in development and deployment
- Scala's role in the future of the JVM platform
Questions will be gathered via web from the audience during the course of the panel, so attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop and help direct the discussion.
- Andrew Warner, The Ladders
- Blake Matheny, Tumblr
- Dag Liodden, Tapad
- Doug Tangren, Meetup
- Jorge Ortiz, Foursquare
Moderated by your organizer, Nathan Hamblen.