addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New York Backpackers Message Board › Seeking companions for Adirondack backpacking trip / trips, between Septembe

Seeking companions for Adirondack backpacking trip / trips, between September 30 and October 7th

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone! I wish I found this board sooner! I'm into all of these things and many times I cancel due to not finding somebody to go with - and that really REALLY STINKS!

A little bit about myself - My name is Tim. I'm a 45 year old lover of the Great Outdoors and a full time Metro-North Railroad worker and a part time Yonkers REI worker...

Pretty much every year I take off the first week of October to spend it in the Adirondack High Peaks backcountry. I don't know if you've ever been to the Adirondack High Peaks during the first week of October, but let me tell you, if the weather is good and it's a good year for fall color, it's UNBELIEVABLE!

However, throughout the years for whatever reason I have struggled to find people to go.

The guy I normally go with recently started a new job and needs to accrue vacation time - and unfortunately cannot make it.

I need to meet new people and make new friends and expand my network of hiking hooligans anyhow!

Anyhow, TO THE POINT! -

I have off the first week of October and I am DYING to go backpacking in the Adirondacks.

But I'll cancel if I can't find anybody to go with.

;(

I'm just not comfortable out there by myself.

In order to find people willing and able to go I'm willing to do two separate 3 or 4 day trips or one long 7 day trip.

I would be thrilled to have a half dozen people come forward for this trip / these trips, but I would also be thrilled if one awesome friendly person took a chance on going on a trip with a complete stranger to an AWESOME place!

Please, help me not cancel this trip!

Feel free to reach me here or at

914-382-0235