NYC Cycling & Food Message Board › New Event: Ride to the Redhook ball fields

New Event: Ride to the Redhook ball fields

Keith C.
Berlin, DE
Announcing a new event for The NYC Cyclist/Foodie Meetup Group!

What: Ride to the Redhook ball fields

When: Sunday, September 17, 2:00 PM

RSVP here:­

We'll meet in Washington Square Park at the arch on the north side of the park, bike down through Manhattan, over a bridge (probably the Brooklyn Bridge) and into Red Hook by the ball fields. At the corner of Clinton and Bay street, we should find a nice selection of food from street vendors. This is mainly Central American fare. I've never tried this, but I'm told the food is incredible. (I also hear that there are options for us vegetarians, I'll try to find out specifics.)

Note for beginner/rusty cyclists: unlike last ride which was almost entirely on a greenway, we'll be doing the majority of riding on the streets in Manhattan and Brooklyn. I'll try to avoid busy streets as much as possible, but there will be certain segments that involve heavy city traffic.

I'll post a map of the route once I've got it all figured out. In the meantime, if you have any questions or suggestions, let me know!

(Thanks go to Peter S. for the ball fields suggestion.)