addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Web Design Meetup Message Board › It was a good meeting but we do need a better place

It was a good meeting but we do need a better place

A former member
Post #: 1
I am glad we had the meeting, but the Heartland Brewery was awful. There was too much noise, so we had to strain to participate in the conversations. This is no fault of the group leader. He didn't know about the noise problem either. I especially dislike the fact that the group had to sit at 2 separate tables isolated from one another. Because of that there was no cross conversation amongst the entire group. However, based on the people I did meet, I would say this was a very worthwhile, and informative experience. It was great to be with others who are also knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Web Design activities. I was able to participate in some very engaging, and informative conversations. This is the part I enjoyed, and made me glad to be there. I learned a lot of things at this meeting that I could never pick up on my own. For any participants who want to come to this meeting in the hopes of finding a web designer to work for you for peanuts, my request is that you please stay away. Your purpose and your goals for being at the meeting just puts a drag on the whole event, at least that’s how I feel. I took some pictures of the meeting and I will post them soon.

As for the future: To me this was an event worth attending. I am willing travel a little further as long we can have a good quality meeting. Sean Su has suggested a place in China Town that could accommodate us as a large group in an environment with low noise so we can hear each other when we converse. I am in favor of giving his selection a try because he has been to the meeting and saw the situation we were in.
biggrin
A former member
Post #: 17
John:

Thanks for posting the photos!

-tom