NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › An Apology To Elephants (HBO documentary)

An Apology To Elephants (HBO documentary)

A former member
Post #: 21
I just watched the new 46 minute doc on HBO called An Apology To Elephants. It talks about/shows elephants in the wild and then training in circuses. It's a Must-See!! It's on again this week (but it may be in the middle of the night so you can always set your DVRs). Please watch and then encourage others to watch (and learn) as well.

~Dana
A former member
Post #: 29
I work as a nanny and had the kids watch this documentary. It created a great conservation with the 9 year old and one of the 6 year olds. At first, they thought it was cute seeing the animals perform tricks in the beginning of the film, but when they realized that the animals are taken from the wild and are forced (abused) to do those tricks (out of fear), they had a change of heart. The film also teaches about the natural life of elephants in the wild (migratory, social, matriarchal, baby males live with their mothers many years (14?), etc.). Like I said before, very educational and a must-see!