"The New York City Digital Photography Meetup Group" Message Board › Looking to create a study group for unexperienced photogs (noobs)

Looking to create a study group for unexperienced photogs (noobs)

Alexander L.
user 12520978
Hicksville, NY
Post #: 1
IMO, I learn best via hands on... so like something where you bring an example of a type of photo you'd like to try and reproduce and dissect it to see what was done to make it would be fun... or each study session you can try a concept which would be kind of fun with some hands on time... after discussion on how the photo was created... maybe it might be too hard to do a kind of photo for each person but maybe everybody brings one and everybody votes to see what they want to do or learn :)... then perhaps the next session or even at the end of the session I'm sure there would be questions that could be researched for next time or throw up a topic for i.e. meetup on 4/1/11 Q&A, so any questions could be posted up and gone over for the next session or answered on the forums... just my two cents... on that note back to the original topic starter "Fortunado"
A former member
Post #: 8
These are some good ideas. I hope you can come out with us.

Since it would be more convenient for people who dont live in Brooklyn, I talked it over with some people who are going to attend and decided that Columbus circle would be the best spot to meetup. We can go into central park from there and study on the hills or the field. Maybe you guys should bring blankets, notebooks, pens etc. If anyone is gonna show up a bit later and needs to find out where we are, send me an email and I'll give you my cell number so I can guide you to us.

I also wanna thank the guys that run this group for being cool about my post and making it possible for us to start this study group :)

Study group - Columbus circle (Manhattan)- Saturday, April 9th - 11:30am
A former member
Post #: 11
Hey I'm still looking to put together weekly study groups for motivated learners. If your interested, than send me a message.
A former member
Post #: 4
I hope you do your classes and meetings during the week
Thanks
Mark
Randy A.
user 11035296
Bronx, NY
Post #: 7
Sadly I'm busy every weekend until May and tend to work late on weekdays so I can't participate in anything until things open up.

As an aside. I think it might be a bit difficult to find people and organize via the message boards alone since it gets few eyeballs? This sort of study group would make a pretty solid meetup group on its own tbh if you're up to the task of pushing it along.