Thought I might as well pass this along to the group (and if interested,
please reply ...
GRADSPOT.COM IS SEEKING A LEAD PROGRAMMER/TECHNOLOGY PARTNER
Want to make the premier website for life after college your personal
programming playground? Gradspot.com is looking for a full-time (not
outsourced) lead programmer/technology partner who has the passion and drive
to code original functionality, head up our web development, and collaborate
with us: a fun and motivated group of people. In this position, you'll be
hacking away at our Drupal/PHP/MySQL-based website, building new web-based
tools and improving current infrastructure (which we can go into detail on
during our first conversation).
As part of our management team, you'll receive a market compensation
package that includes cash and significant equity/ownership in Gradspot.
Additionally, you may enjoy other benefits such as an intricate knowledge of
issues affecting recent grads and improved Wii Tennis skills.
Through Gradspot.com, we provide tons of practical and entertaining
content and tools for soon-to-be and recent grads. We also just published
our first book, "The Gradspot.com Guide to Life After College" (available
via Amazon.com and Gradspot.com/book), and we'll be launching an offline
service (with some online integration) late this summer/early fall.
- Extensive expertise and experience with PHP and MySQL (v5 for both),
hosting management skills, and comfort with CSS and HTML/XHTML
- Experience working with and customizing the Drupal CMS is a major plus,
- Know-how to build a scalable, secure website
- Interest in not just hacking away during normal work hours (i.e., 9-to-5),
but a real thirst to think of new functionality and code it up when you do
- Comfort with leading the web development side of a business (or growing
into the responsibility)
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as lead and collaborate with a
- Motivation to pursue continuing education (paid for by Gradspot)
- Ideal candidate just graduated from college or is a few years out, and has
been hacking away for many years because it's something you love to do
The Gradspot office is located in New York City. We are not looking for
To apply for the position, please send a resume and note to hacker [at]
gradspot -dot- com . Sorry, but we are not looking for any outsourced
programmers/teams nor telecommuters.