addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC PHP Message Board › PHP Study Group

PHP Study Group

Meke
Meke
Romeoville, IL
Post #: 34
Goal: Study PHP online together with some real face to face interaction (bringing both accountability and prevent loneliness in studying by meeself), share 10 to 15 minutes of web history facts to make us ALL well-informed programmers in the field we are entering into, and share future aspirations and projects that are directly aided by studying this awesome scripting language. Wearing cartoon covered PJs is preferred but not required.

First 10-15 minutes: EVERYONE contributes 2+ minutes of anything in web history. Ex. I covered cool folks like Elizabeth Feinler and Rasmus Lerdorf and the history of (technical) white papers.
Second: PHP STUDYIN' TIME! For 2+ hours we will listen to ONE group member's instruction on 2 chapters of the book Beginner PHP 5.3 - https://docs.google.c...­, or you can download it by choosing a source from here: http://www.ebook3000....­
Third/last part of the session: Share mad scientist ideas, career goals, programming anythings you want to achieve, and let's see if we can support each other in them! Hey every heard of 6 degrees of separation?

Are you game? Then hit me up on Google+ Hangout every Thursday at 8pm or Saturdays at 5pm. You can find me by full name, Mekesia Brown. You can also hit me up on Skype (username spaciousmeke), but for group video chat Hangout is freeeee which is great for meeeee!

P.S. Once the ball gets rolling, I will send out a calendar for everyone to fill out their availability for the *next* week. I will also send out notes summarizing sessions that past for reference. Also, once we finish the book we will study ANY programming-related language/area that the group chooses in consensus. Looks like Ruby on Rails is the winner so far, but a close second is HTML5 and MySQL.