Edmonton Off Leash Dog Walking Group Message Board › I will be going on a 3 month out of country trip starting in May and am look

I will be going on a 3 month out of country trip starting in May and am looking for suggestions for Emma

A former member
Post #: 31
I am looking for a kennel, a dog sitting arrangement or the like for Emma.

I am looking for very gentle people, Emma and I don't discipline with yelling or hitting, we discipline with laughing and Emma being silly and stealing scarves and mittens.

I am looking for a situation where Emma will be around other dogs much of the time and those dogs are social and not aggressive.

I am looking for a situation where Emma will be treated as gently and lovingly as I treat her. This means lots of cuddles, talking, positive affirmations. I will not accept hitting, ignoring, leaving her alone for more than 6 hours at a time or not walking her regularly.

She is an exceptionally social dog and loves people dearly.

I will purchase enough food for her for the 3 months and will remunerate accordingly for those that will take care of her.

It is NOT acceptable for her to be left alone in a yard with no one to play with for an entire day outside in the cold. She needs to have dog interaction at least twice a day.

If this is not you please do not respond, if this is you please tell me when we can meet as I'm leaving in late April and this needs to be confirmed and arranged previous to that.
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi, Cynthia. If you don't get anybody who may be able to take Emma, check out Ruff-In-It (on the internet). They call themselves a canine resort, and are on a small acreage the other side of Sherwood Park. They have the dogs outside (or in) all day together , take them for bush walks once or twice a day. Really great people. I've had my dog out there a couple of times (going again in May for a week), and he loves it - comes home nice and tired after all the running and play with the other dogs.
Nicole R.
user 17359931
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
Hi Cynthia,
I can recommend "The Second Pup" - it's a doggie daycare and they also have a lot overnight stays there. The dogs do NOT stay in a kennel all day, the people who own this daycare LIVE there and the dogs LIVE with them right there. They also walk the dogs during the day and they have a big fenced backyard. I am sure you could deal a special price with them for the 3 months.
They also have a dogtrainer there and I can really confirm that they treat every dog with respect and love! I never thought I would like to give my dog in a kennel, but THIS one is great and I am convinced that they handle my dog as good as I do.
Here is the link to their website:
http://thesecondpup.c...­

Nicole
Nicole R.
user 17359931
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 2
PS: maybe you want to let them know that Nicole with Gracie (the French Mastiff) send you. Maybe this gives you a little better deal!
Good luck!