We'll start the new year with a look at some of The Washington Post's most interesting digital initiatives that began in 2012 — and some hints at what's to come in 2013. Designers, editors and others from across the newsroom will present quick, five-minute lightning talks on:
- WordPress as a platform (Yuri Victor)
- Liveblogging (Melissa Bell)
- The Grid - a live events and curation platform (Joey Marburger)
- Run - a visual journey through the election (Terri Rupar)
- Video strategy and new platforms (Natasha Rudnick)
- Revamping the mobile web (Julia Beizer)
- Say What speech video and annotated transcript viewer (Kat Downs)
- Interactives in the Capitol Assets investigation (Wilson Andrews)
The $5 entry fee covers only you. If you want a +1, please have that person sign up on her/his own and pay. We have had too many no shows recently and must adhere to this policy (no exceptions). Burned once, ouch. Burned twice, we're just fire-starters. No one wants that.
Thanks, lovelies. See you in January!
— Tiff and Matt