Onyx (Bay Area Black Professionals) Message Board › Onyx News September 12, 2012: Fabulous New Events Added to the Calendar (che

Onyx News September 12, 2012: Fabulous New Events Added to the Calendar (check it out)

Lakeisha
user 2378387
Group Organizer
Redwood City, CA
Greetings Onyx members,

To the members that have recently joined group (and to the members that limit their group participation to occasionally reading e-mails) welcome to the group! This group hosts a variety of events for black professionals throughout the bay area, but primarily in the Peninsula and the South Bay. The goal of the group continues to be to create an avenue for black professionals to connect both professionally and socially. Since the point of this group (and Meetup more generally), is to “use the internet to get off the internet,” I hope that you will soon participate in events or volunteer to host your own events. The strength of this group depends on the energy and enthusiasm of its members. Also, if you have friends or family that would be interested in participating (especially the ones that lament the lack of black people in this area), please spread the word about the group. This group has grown and continues to grow through the power of word of mouth promotion. The more, the merrier.

For those of you who didn't already know, I recently had a baby boy. Thanks to the members who have stepped up and hosted a number of events in my absence. I am slowly emerging out of the house a time or two for events but as noted in the last newsletter, Onyx needs pinch hitters. It would be great if some members could host additional Onyx events.  Events can be social, professional, or community service/volunteer oriented in nature. Hosting events is easy and the best part is, you can plan events so that they work with your schedule. If you are interested in hosting and have not already been made an event organizer already, please email me directly.

NEW EVENTS ADDED

A number of fabulous events have been added to the calendar-

That's all for now. I hope to see you soon.

Lakeisha