May 6, 2013 · 7:30 PM
We have a new meetup with a new format!
The idea of the Learners Meetup is to have a monthly slot where we can rock up and
- hear talks which are on a level we can understand
- connect with other people learning tech to share knowledge, help and motivate each other
Learners of all levels are welcome, especially absolute beginners. As a beginner you get access to people who may be able to help you, and as a more experienced programmer you can share your expertise and train your mentoring skills by being a coach.
The new format we will try:
- Welcome and introduction to coaches - what can you help someone with?
- 15 minute scheduled talk - the talks are aimed so that everyone can get something out of it, no matter what their level of experience or programming language.
- A “mini barcamp” - anyone can propose a topic they want to discuss or get help with and we organise ourselves into discussion groups or pairs. At the end we get together as a group and summarised what we discussed.
The scheduled talk will be:
Testing, testing 123... with Benjamin Kampmann
How do developers test their code? What is a unit test? What other kinds of tests are there? What is test driven development? We'll give you an introduction!
We suggest you grab something to eat before the event (or bring it with you) as the evening tends to go on until around 9pm. We usually also have some drinks afterwards. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Ideas/questions? Email us at [masked]