Twin Cities Organic and Green Meetup Group Message Board › Your opinion needed

Your opinion needed

Sheryl S
On my birthday in 2011, the Fukushima disaster began.  Not a great birthday present.  We already live in a world filled with man made toxins that have created health epidemics, none the least of which is cancer.  Now, the Fukushima nuclear plants continue to leak radioactive particles, with no end in sight.  In fact, more earthquakes, as well as possible burning the radioactive rubble, will just make the problem worse.  And our government is too controlled by those who profit from nuclear power to do anything about it as our air, water, and food is contaminated with radioactive particles.

In response, a mom and former Greenpeace activist, Kimberly Roberson started the Fukushima Fallout Food Safety Petition on Change.org.  I signed it, and waited for millions more to sign.  But that didn't happen.  After over a year, the petition only has about 5,000 signatures.  Why so few?  Other petitions "go viral" and can get a million signatures in a few days.  Why hasn't this happened with the Fukushima Fallout Food Safety Petition?

I ask for your feedback, members of the Twin Cities Organic and Green meetup group.  Please take a look at the petition, and tell me why it hasn't got a million signatures yet?  And, what are your ideas to help it get those million signatures?

Here is a link to the petition: http://www.change.org...­

Thank you,

Sheryl Senkiw, Assistant Organizer

Twin Cities Organic and Green Meetup Group