Regional FOSS4G hosted by the Aust-NZ OSGeo chapter. Given the cancelation of FOSS4G 2012 in China, many several groups have pulled together small regional conferences. Why should Australia and New Zealand miss out?
Nov 15th Unconference
Set up as an unconference with an initial kickoff to get organised, followed by breaking out into groups. The format resembles traditional "birds-of-a-feather sessions" and lends itself to well to panel discussions, workshops and creativity.
With an emphasis on interaction you can expect:
* Group discussion
* Show and tell
* Quick presentation to lead a discussion
* Tips and Tricks
* Open Source Stack - Integration War Stories
* Make a Process in 10 mins
* Mobile GIS - Nathan might cover his new QMap project
* Add suggestions to wiki (or add comments to this page)
Code Sprint Nov 16th
The second day is set up as a Code Sprint for hands-on involvement. Traditionally focused on project development, code sprints have proven a great venue for cross project collaboration (especially on standards and interoperability).
Teams / Topics:
* uDig / LocationTech
* GeoServer / Application Schema
* GeoTools / Process
* Open Street Map (OSM) mapping party
* Use wiki for planning (or add comments to this page)
OSGeo code sprints have been used by non-programmers to explore standards, policy, documentation, training, education and advocacy.