addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Southeastern PA Nerd Herd Message Board › For the Philly Nerds...

For the Philly Nerds...

Kyle W
tsfprime
Sharon Hill, PA
Post #: 46
So I'm thinking we need to get back to having regular meetups in Philadelphia. The suburbs are well served, usually, but I don't want to ignore those nerds who are in the city and may not have easy transport to events outside the city. So I'm going to try to have at least one meetup a month in the city.

If someone in the city would like to organize meetups as well, please let me or Pete know. Or if you have ideas about meetups in the city, please share. I'm thinking in March we may do a Barcade meetup. Maybe this summer a Franklin Institute visit. What are your ideas? Don't be shy... we want to hear from you.

For February we have a lunch meetup set in Center City. Hopefully we can have some folks there who normally can't attend.

Feedback appreciated.

Kyle - Co Organizer, Founder Emeritus and Defender of the Light... Beer.
David C
user 13954635
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 37
I enjoyed the gaming meetups with P.A.Y.F.H.. If I can find a place in Phila. To hold them, i could host a couple of them.
As for Barcade, I've been there several times and I sell them booze so a few of the people the will recognise me.
Also if you order a light beer there you might get a few looks.
Pete
user 9712644
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 20
I don't have any problems with events in the city either. I do have a preference for events where parking (even paid) is available. Don't know what the costs are but a lot of places in the University City area have very low rents. I remember one place just asked for a donation. There are a ton of restaurants with event rooms in the NE section of town including the Far NE.