addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Park Slope Knitting Circle Message Board › HOW R WE DOING?

HOW R WE DOING?

Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 3
Okay, lay it on me? How are we (the assistant organizers and I) doing with organizing the meet-up and making members feel welcomed. Please, let us know what you think? What would you improve? change? would like to see? is there something you would willing to teach? Please, don't just read the post. Reply, even if it is just to tell us that we are doing a good job.
Lisa (.
user 3201179
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 4
You are doing great. You have created a really positive energy by focusing the group, communicating your ideas, etc. This is fantastic and can only make the Circle even stronger.

Keep up the good work.

Also if you are considering new spaces, have you looked into the Union Hall? They have a lounge area at the front of the space that looks rather comfortable. Not sure if they are willing to host a group of knitters. but it might be worth a try. I have to admit however, I have never been there, just passed it and it looks inviting. Union Hall is on the corner of Union and 5th Ave.
nancy
user 4444010
New York, NY
Post #: 29
Union Hall would be nice but fills up quick and is really dark.
The only place that I can think of at the moment that is big enough is Ozzie's on 5th Ave. I don't know 7th Ave. venues as well.

Otherwise the group and its organizers are great. I wouldn't change a thing.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm not too familiar with the area and what's available. I imagine that wherever we choose has to have good lighting, food or allow food, and stay open late. We knitters are dedicated and talkative!

I have no complaints about the current organizers. I could say something like Chris is too tall, Anna's finger-less gloves are too pretty and Marina is too nice, but I don't think its necessary - although true ;). Great job guys! I think the more creative you all get, the more people will come (even men, Chris!). So keep doing it up. Haven't found a better circle...
A former member
I haven't been able to attend yet but would really like to! Weeknights can be hard so other times would be great or even just knowing what time people typically stay until.

Hope I can make it sometime!
Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
The meet-ups usually run until 11PM on Thursdays. About half of the crowd leaves by 9 PM. Hope to meet you soon Erika.
A former member
Post #: 10
I think that this group is great. Unfortunately, the times are hard for me because of my business, but it seems like you all are trying to make everyone welcomed. I would be interested in a more advanced lesson at some point like maybe Intarsia or something that would be considered more difficult.
nancy
user 4444010
New York, NY
Post #: 34
Yeah, Erika, get your butt over there sometime!smile
It'll be great to see another familiar face.

The meetups run until the last man standing - namely Archie. My husband and I left last night at about 11pm. But there were at least 5 people still left. So, yeah it can go on forever. If I lived closer I would have stayed longer too.

nc