Join the Milken Institute Center for Financial Markets (@MI_CFM) and PayPal (@PayPal) for a wide ranging discussion on innovative online finance tools. Daniel Gorfine (@DGorfine) Director of Financial Market Policy and Legal Counsel at the Milken Institute (@MilkenInstitute) will moderate a discussion of leading platform founders, disruptive entrepreneurs, and investors leading the way into 21st century finance.
You will receive an exclusive Milken Institute publication on crowd investing, peer-to-peer lending, and new online financing mechanisms. Furthermore we plan to have product demos, exhibitor tables, and of course, food and drink.
1) Crowd Investing Landscape
The internet, social media, and the power of the crowd are fostering new ways to raise capital--what are the challenges, risks, and rewards? Explore the range of crowd investing models in the marketplace with some of the leading platform founders.
• Nav Athwal, Co-Founder and CEO, RealtyShares -@navathwal & @realtyshares
• Ryan Caldbeck, Founder and CEO, CircleUp - @CircleUp
• Sam Hodges, Founder and Managing Director, Funding Circle @HodgesSam & @FundingCircleUS
• Alex Mittal, Co-Founder and CEO, FundersClub - @mittal & @FundersClub
• Richard Swart, Director of Research, Program for Innovation in Entrepreneurial and Social Finance, College of Engineering's Fung Institute, UC Berkeley; Partner, Crowdfund Capital Advisors - @richardswart
2) Crowd Entrepreneurs & Investors
Much attention has been focused on online investment platforms. But what about the entrepreneurs and investors actually putting these new tools to use? We'll hear real-world lessons gleaned from investors and entrepreneurs using online portals to invest in and fund startups.
• Nick Grossman @nickgrossman , General Manager, Union Square Ventures - @usv
• Sherman Hu, Angel Investor, CircleUp
• Allen Lu @allenclu, Producer, Linsanity: The Official Jeremy Lin Documentary - @LinsanityMovie
• Dean Radetsky, Angel Investor, OurCrowd - @OurCrowd
• Dave Silverglide, CEO and Co-Founder, MixtGreens, Split Bread - @mixtgreens & @SplitBread
3) The Promise of Peer-Based Lending
Peer-based lending models have demonstrated significant promise in providing credit to individiuals and businesses, both domestically and overseas. Will these new models disrupt traditional lending as we know it? What the challenges and opportunities related to further development of this marketplace?
• Adam Boyden, COO, SoFi - @adamboyden & @SoFi
• Austin Choi, General Counsel, Kiva.org - @Kiva
• Ethan Senturia, Co-Founder, Dealstruck - @Dealstruck
• Josh Tonderys, Chief Risk Officer, Prosper - @ProsperLoans
5:14 Doors Open - Food & Drink Served
6:01 Opening Remarks
6:15 Spotlight: BancBox
6:30 Panel 1: Crowd Investing Landscape
7:15 Panel 2: Entrepreneurs & Investors
8:02 Break & Refreshments
8:20 Panel 3: The Promise of Peer-Based Lending
9:45 Panels Conclude - Refreshments Continue
9:30 Lights Out
Tweet on hashtag: #newfinance
Bancbox builds apps that move money. Developers: bancbox.com/api
Sponsorship Tables are available. Please contact organizers Julianne of Milken Institute or Robert of PayPal for details.