HTML5 is here. Canvas is here. If you want to use Flash on mobile devices, you're out of luck. But what you can use is Canvas. You may as well know how to use them - because they ain't going away!
Come join is while Aaron presents Animations with HTML5 tech: Canvas and Paper.js
Canvas and other technologies
- How does each fit in the page? (Flash, canvas, CSS3, SVG)
- Which can be independent of JS? (CSS and SVG)
- Which are better for accessability? (SVG and CSS)
- Which is more efficient? (It depends)
Brief review of Canvas libraries
- Pros and Cons of some
- Two basic categories (most fit into either based on Actionscript or not)
Building something with Paper.js
- Building a quick mouse heatmap for your web-page.