Welcome to the Perth Business Book Club, which is for business owners, marketers and entrepreneurs to meet and discuss their favourite business books.
We'll pick a book to discuss each month, and everybody who attends is welcome to share their ideas, insights, questions and comments from their reading of the book.
This group is mainly for business owners, rather than employees, so we will focus on business-building books - topics such as marketing, entrepreneurship, customer service, technology, business growth, productivity, etc. However, the group is open to anybody who is interested in these topics (not just business owners).
Here are some of the books we've discussed recently:
- The Four Hour Workweek, by Tim Ferriss
- Switch, by Chip and Dan Heath
- Made to Stick, by Chip and Dan Heath
- Good to Great, by Jim Collins
- The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs, by Carmine Gallo
- Meatball Sundae, by Seth Godin
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR, by David Meerman Scott
- Multipliers, by Liz Wiseman
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey
- The Thank-You Economy, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Lateral Thinking, by Edward de Bono
How It Works
We choose one book each month, and meet for an hour to discuss it. We'll choose a fairly central public cafe/restaurant. There's no cost to attend, except for whatever food or drinks you buy.
You don't have to attend each month - just pick and choose the topics that interest you. All we ask is that if you do say you'll be there, turn up - otherwise it inconveniences everybody else.
Todd Sattersten has written an excellent report called "How to Read a Business Book".
Geoff McDonald has published a number of business book summaries called "Book Rappers" - free to download and highly recommended.
Kirsten Shearn of The Inspiration Factory in Subiaco has kindly offered all our members free membership, which entitles you to 10% discount on books. Just e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell her you'd like to join.