align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
A former member
Post #: 66
Hello there all!

I am really enjoying the topics that are being covered at the meetups for the PGH .net group....but, the problem that I have is that I cannot make the events since they start at 5:30 pm and I am a bit far from town. Is there any chance in having some of the start times a bit later in the evening? (I understand that for most the 5:30 might be ideal in not having to sit around after work and wait for a meeting.)

Keep up the great .net work!

-Craig
Steven H.
user 65501622
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 1
Hi Craig,

I'm glad you're enjoying the topics. Yes, we have traditionally started meetings at 5:30 but between 5:30 and 6:00 is more of a meet and greet for the community. The real action seems to start around 6:00. So I don't want you to think you cannot come to the meeting if you are going to show up a bit later.

With that, I don't think it's out of the question to propose a later time. What time were you thinking of proposing? I could bring that up at our board meeting to discuss and perhaps ask the rest of the community what time works for all of us.

-Steve Hook
A former member
Post #: 70
Hello there Steve, thanks for the reply!

Anything later than 5:30 would be good. I fully understand that some might be very close and waiting some after work might inconvenience them. So I would be happy with any later start at all. I might be one of the few that would be coming from a good distance, so maybe others might provide their thoughts on their preferred start time. (I've volunteered for a group in the past and was in charge of finding meeting times and dates, and I can sympathize that it isn't easy finding something that fits everyone.) :-)