Philadelphia Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Summer & upcoming events, general info

Summer & upcoming events, general info

Jed M.
user 2338273
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
I would like to schedule/take advantage of at least one more walking tour of Mount Moriah before the end of the year, as well Laurel Hill Cemetery, perhaps around Hallowe'en. In the meantime, there are a couple of guided walks in Cobbs Creek coming up (starting about 2 miles north of Mount Moriah), and I hope to return to the Wissahickon, either as part of some-one else's event, or by scheduling myself, before too very long. I appreciate the contributions of our Assistant Organizers and welcome new ones, whether you are creating your own events, or helping with co-ordination. (I could use a little help with cross-postings.) Our focus is local and mellow, but other things do happen, so make sure you read the descriptions. You are responsible for your own safety and behavior, although efforts will be made to give good advice: water is always good to have along, and food, sunscreen, and insect repellent may also be indicated. Tipping the event host/hike leader $1 or $2 is considerate, but generally not mandatory, and I keep track of (strictly voluntary) donations of $10 or more as yearly dues: this helps me maintain the website and research future hikes. Lastly, I will be out of town July 31st thru August 17th, checking out some rail trails and canal towpaths on my bike, so will be gearing back up after that, and relying more on Assistant Organizers in the meantime.

Thank You for Your Time! --Jed McKee

our calendar is available here: ­http://www.meetup.com...