addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Philadelphia Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Four Years, a Hundred Hikes, a Thousand Hikers

Four Years, a Hundred Hikes, a Thousand Hikers

Jed M.
user 2338273
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 33
Greetings Philly Hikers!
Just past Thanksgiving 2012 marks the beginning of my 5th year as Organizer of this group, and I thank you all for your part in that.
Although my careers and other matters have been taking a bit more of my attention as this past year has progressed, collaboration and other forms of support will enable me to continue offering events I believe you will find of interest. As an example, I will be consulting with Scott Maits as well as Trail Architect Bob Thomas as they are working on a walking trail from Valley Forge to Tinicum National Wildlife Refuge: we will be offering walks around their efforts every few months over the next year or two. "Upper Cobbs Creek" is one of the more recent examples of this ongoing exploration.

This group is on the mellower side: mild to moderate hikes predominate, as does public transit accessibility, frequently combined with historical info & local "scenes". Most events are free of charge, but if you've already joined us for three hikes, please consider paying your $10 yearly membership dues (cash, check, or paypal through the link provided) to help offset the cost of maintaining the website and researching future hikes. Smaller donations ($1 or $2 to the hike leader) are also welcome, but please join us whether or not you can afford to donate.
Please always read the *entire* hike description before you RSVP, and utilize the online resources (location links, etc.) before posting or sending questions. Participation is always at your own risk.
I occasionally post "Notes" on Our Calendar which I think you may find of interest: some may end up as our own events, and some may require you following up on your own. Lastly, if you would like to help out as an Assistant Organizer, whether by offering your own event or collaborating in some other way, please join us for a few hikes first.

Thanks & See You on the Trails!