addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

PhillyJS Message Board › When is it right to reimplement a publicly available library?

When is it right to reimplement a publicly available library?

A former member
Post #: 1
I am working on a very large project that needs to be solid when I release it. After doing some research I found a publicly available JavaScript library to do what I wanted, but it was in beta.

It might seem silly, but I feel uncomfortable using public beta software in a large high-traffic web app, so I rolled my own, although my library does almost the same thing as the one in public beta.

So my questions is when is this a good idea? I have the added advantage of completely understanding my own code, as opposed to taking it on faith that the public beta works, then again, it takes a lot longer to develop.

Thoughts?