addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Lloyd E.
user 14128714
Philadelphia, PA
Greetings fellow Developers and Designers!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lloyd Emelle, and I am Designer and Developer of Software and Websites/Web Applications. After finishing Computer Engineering at Drexel in 2007, I spent about three years hosting a Technology Home Makeover show, and to avoid being a starving actor I started doing freelance development for companies across the East Coast. After realizing that I enjoyed the independence of working on my own terms, I decided to become a bit more organized and started my own company. It has been an exciting ride, and I have championed open-source development along the way.

After attending meet-ups in the past where the community actually worked on something useful, I was encouraged to start a group where Developers and Designers across the Philadelphia area could collaborate on projects, share resources and grow their own skills and abilities. I also want this to be an open forum for folks interested in learning about Design or software development, to join in, build their skills, and learn more about open source development and tools.

I have created an event for next Friday, which some of you have responded to. I would like the first few meetings to be a meet-and-greet, and see what everyone is interested in getting out of the group. I would also like to discuss projects (visit the Message Board to post your ideas) which will undoubtedly spawn a discussion on the appropriate software tools to get the job done. The first project I think will be a perfect starting project will be a website for the group.

I have a couple of locations in mind for the meet-up, but I would like to make it a location that is as accessible as possible. Please feel free to suggest locations if you have one in mind. I will add a location for the March 18th meeting by monday, so please RSVP as soon as you can.

I understand that everyone may not be able to make it to the first meeting, which is why I am adding two more meetings to the calendar. If Friday is not a good day for the majority of folks, please suggest a better day. I hope to also do a webcast of the meeting, but that will be dependent on the location. 

If you have any questions, please post them to the group, or leave a comment on my page.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Cheers,

Lloyd Emelle

gchat: lloyd@emelle.me