Announcing a new Meetup for Austin Philosophy Discussion Group (APDG)!
What: Quest for Meaning: Values, Ethics, and the Modern Experience
When: Saturday, May 8,[masked]:00 AM
Austin Recreation Center
1301 Shoal Creek
Austin, TX 78701
This course addresses these fundamental questions:
* What are true human values?
* What is worthy of our highest honor and love?
* What purposes should order our existence?
* Is there any objective way to tell right from wrong?
* If life indeed has a meaning, can it be known and stated?
* What form would that knowledge and statement take?
These are fundamental questions. And most of us have surely asked them of ourselves in one way or another.
Such introspection has been going on for millennia, as Professor Robert H. Kane explains. And the devoted search for answers to these questions?for wisdom about the human condition?has shaped cultures around the globe.
We will be playing around with the format this time, trying one lecture instead of two. If it feels too slow, then we can always go back to two lectures per session.
Learn more here:http://philosophy.meetup.com/31/calendar/13390433/