How can you possibly keep up with the constantly changing environment of the social web? How do you figure out what online services, tactics and approaches make sense for your nonprofit or social cause? What’s a great way to build upon your enthusiasm for a great social tool or topic?
Join us for Philly NetSquared’s next Social Web Sampler to share tastes of the different options out there. We plan to have 12-15 small group discussions — four or five simultaneous discussions x three 20-minute time slots. We’ll be meeting at the Friends Center, 1501 Cherry Street. Doors open at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, November 13 (note this is the second Tuesday this month because of the election on our usually scheduled first Tuesday).
What are the topics? As of November 8, the topics that people have volunteered to lead small group discussions on include:
- Legal issues in social media
- DIY Online Marketing Training for Nonprofits
- Beyond the flash mob: social gaming
- Content curation for your blog
- United Nations Earth Dashboard
- Organizing your organization's photos
- Using Wordpress to build a website
- Lerning Google Analytics
- Tools to manage the social web flood
- Open source currency
- Build it and they will come
- Google Custom Search
- Unconventional videoconferencing
- Make your Drupal site more social
Like our previous Social Web Samplers, this will be a highly interactive gathering with lots of shared knowledge, networking and excitement. Refreshments will be available.
NOTE: Because of the small-group format, we will NOT be streaming or recording this event.
Thanks to the American Friends Service Committee for sponsoring this evening.
(picture credit: allthingscupcake.com)