The San Francisco Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Light Painting Class!

Light Painting Class!

Closed to new replies

Chris D.
Chrisdixon
Oakland, CA
Post #: 1
Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I work at Looking Glass Photo in the east bay and I have started to teach classes. I teach a Holga photography class every two months or so but a co-worker and friend of mine and myself are teaching a really fun class at the end of this month...

The class is called Tracking Light: Light Painting and Star Trails. The class is at 6pm on December 29th, 2009. The class will meet at Looking Glass Photo (2848 Telegraph Ave in Berkeley) for an informative hour of discussion about the techniques and strategies for photographing light writing and star trails. We'll also talk about how to “paint with light,” using flashlights and other light sources to turn an ordinary moment into something bizarre and wonderful, and learn how to control long exposures to track star patterns.

After that we will be walking to nearby Willard Park for some shooting! We will be working with people on group shots and helping others in groups or solo. We will have some fun toys to play with. It is required to bring a camera with a bulb setting, a cable release, a flashlight (the LED kind are perfect for light painting) and some dark clothing. A tripod is (very) highly recommended and a flash is suggested but not necessary.

David and I are really excited to teach this class. The fee is $35 and you can sign up via phone @ (510)-548-6888 or by coming into the store. If you have any questions post them here or email me: lgphotochris at gmail.com. Also check out the little commercial David and I did for the class!

Thanks for reading!