The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board Shameless Advertising Board › Archive: Original Shameless Board

Archive: Original Shameless Board

Closed to new replies

Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 34
This is the archived Shameless Board, compiled from members' suggestions, from August 2006 through April 21, 2013.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A former member
Post #: 21
Claude Biron's Giclee Fine Art Printing Service

Got a photo you think should be framed?

Offering a very low cost Giclee Fine Art Printing service, for archival and gallery quality prints using an Epson Pro 3800, on the finest papers (Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper, Hahnemuhle FineArt Pearl, etc.). Prices include Adobe Lightroom optimized and print managed images using appropriate .icc profiles (hardware calibrated Apple iMac monitor used).

Steps:
1. Computer transfer me your digital image, preferably in raw format to maximize quality.
2. I optimize the image in Adobe Lightroom and CS3 for noise reduction (if needed), unless you're adamant on not wanting any corrections. I advise whether or not the image has any defects (sharpness, exposure issues, etc.) that would make it not an ideal candidate for printing.
3. I put the result on a personal web page for your approval (you only pay for printed output).
4. I print the image.
5. I get the print to you (ideally you would pick it up).
6. I can also calculate matt sizes that could be used to order custom matts for framing.

Prices:
Images printed on the new Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper
8.5 x 11 $8
13x19 $16
17x22 $20

Information links:
http://www.epson.com/...­
http://www.scottkelby...­
http://www.epson.com/...­

Feel free to email me with any questions.
A former member
Post #: 5
nnknfrm*design

Do you feel an urge to stand out, or blend in? Would you like to take your business to the next level? Your corporate communication needs to get structured and usable for your employees and become an original experience for your customers? You have a product idea, and would like to give it a better appeal to your market? We could help you out!

nnknfrm are German designers Jan Krause (me:D) and Cordula Brenzei, currently living in North Vancouver. We have a broad array of experience in the research & assessment of conception, management and execution of Communication Design (photography, video, web & print), Brand Development, Product and Service Design. Check out our website www.nnknfrm.com for an overview of what we did so far but remember - we are currently working on an update, so check back soon again!

We welcome everyone interested to contact us for requests on design services, research or just professional exchange of any kind related to design. Other than that, we both are looking for employments in the field so if you hear of any vacancies, let us know!

Thanks for listening & have a nice day!

Jan
A former member
Post #: 1
I do web design if anyone is in need of a website. Either for your photos or any other reason. My website is www.revolutionweb.ca I'm working on a new site but that will give you an idea of what I do. Email is the best way to reach me.

Thanks, & happy photo taking.

Kelly
Russ K.
user 3929906
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 223
Hi!

I've been pinged via email a couple of times about our course content for the FP fulltime program... so here's a short summary...

We teach a different path to successful picture design, rooted in the psychology and physiology of human vision and perception. Many of these principles have been used and exploited in an intuitive way by artists for centuries, but it has only been in the 20th century that we've had the tools to directly study the way the brain works in any depth. Our pre-wired sense of vision can be used to great and almost boundless effect - without reference or even need for things like "rule of thirds" (we don't talk about "RoT" tongue at all). There are group exercises and assignments to examine these ideas, which are reviewed in class.

We follow picture design classes with instruction for the creation of bodies of work, sequencing, basic principles of book design, portfolio design and artists' statements. The construction of bodies of work is becoming increasingly important for the practising art photographer. One of the many challenges the aspirant faces is: well, everyone is a photographer. Never before has so much good gear been in the hands of so many. The dominant picture form is the "lucky" picture. Almost everyone has a "lucky" picture that is very, very good. The trick is to have many pictures that are very, very good - and to prove that you can do that, you must create bodies of work. The focus provided by the body of work gives, in turn, something for the student's future gallerist or curator to talk about. We work with examples and exercises to help students become very much more critical and focused about their own work - sometimes by letting them beat on ours.

Lastly, we have a segment on approaching galleries - with a focus on commercial galleries. No, we won't make direct introductions - but we can help students understand the requirements, the barriers, the standards and the timeframes involved.

The private lessons we offer are derived from this approach to photography, but is directly tailored to our clients.

Hope this answers a few questions!!

cheers,
Russ
Russ K.
user 3929906
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 228
Hi all,

Here's the official propaganda on our exhibition, "Vanishing Silver". The exhibition runs Aug 14-31, at the Main Artery Gallery (on 28th Ave at Main) with the official opening Fri Aug 15, 7-9pm, and artists' talks Sat Aug 23 at 3pm and Thu Aug 28 at 7:30pm. This work was the recipient of an Honourable Mention at Prix de la Photographie Paris 2008.

Vanishing Silver is our homage to the abandoned silver mining towns of Montana, many of them far up long forgotten forest service roads, far away from civilization. These towns disappeared at the end of the 19th century, as America moved away from the silver standard, leaving us to contemplate the ghostly impressions of townspeople in their buildings, furniture and cemeteries. Our photographs are produced using the beautiful and remarkably permanent silver processes of the 20th century, now vanishing as photography moves away from its own silver standard. Wendy and I believe the silver standard remains the standard for fine photography and prints, and hope to continue this heritage for as long as the materials exist.

Some of the pictures and more information are on our website: http://RusselKwan.com or http://WendyKwan.com­.

In addition, we'll be participating in Elissa Cristall Gallery's (on Granville Street at 7th Ave) summer group show "Soleil", July thru August 2008 - we'll have 12 works up, some experimental, and some extracted from our archive of never-before-exhibited small works. I'll post official propaganda when it is available.

Hope to see you !!

cheers,
Russ

Russ K.
user 3929906
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 234
Hi!

Wendy and I are delighted to join Elissa Cristall Gallery's summer group show "Soleil". Her gallery is on Granville between 6th and 7th Aves, on the west side of the street, and Elissa and Lucia are terrific people. If you're down that way, please stop in for a look!

Elissa has selected an eclectic 12 of our photographs for the exhibition, including some first views from the leading edge of our latest work.

Wendy is featuring 2 photographs from her new series, "Ephemerons": abstractions in the sand, gathered from the wild winter beaches of Oregon.

Russ is featuring 3 photographs from his new series, "Letters From Deyrolle, Paris": documenting the beautiful and personal pressed plant collection of Mme Robert, a 19th century French herbaliste. For this collection, one-of-a-kind prints were created with Russ' new experimental homebrew photographic process.

Other photographs on display include never-before-shown work from Asia and America, and loose photographs behind the counter include some old chestnuts reaching the end of their editions. Once the editions are sold out, the photographs will not be printed again.

Lots more info on our website: http://RusselKwan.com­

A comment from Elissa:

Elissa Cristall Gallery is excited to present, SOLEIL a fresh and lively exhibition of painting and photography by young emerging artists.

Also, we invite you to visit "the back room" which has been transformed into a salon style space featuring work by gallery and guest artists - each priced under $1000.

And here's a snap of our pictures in the window... smile

cheers,
Russ
Denis S.
clickmaniac
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
I'm a portrait photographer for editorial, commercial and personal clients.
Also available is my fine art photography and digital arts images for interior decor.

portraits
online portfolio
Christina C.
C.Carr
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 178
The BC Renaissance Festival...
For all the information please visit:
http://www.bcrenfest....­

Thanks, Christina
Sue F.
SueF
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 79
I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator..so if you have any interest in Scrapbooking and/or cardmaking give me a call.
I do lots of classes and events. I also can arrange fundraisers for charity.
Sue
Blog: surich@shaw.ca
Web; www.stampanions.stampinup.net
Email: surich@shaw.ca