The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board Messages from the Organizer › Is the 10 Things Challenge working for you?

Is the 10 Things Challenge working for you?

Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 267
Hi everyone,

Would it be more fun if I created these as Meetup events (even though execution of the photo shooting will be independent)?

It would entail a Meetup event being created on the 10th of the month (say April 10), and with the actual date of the event being the 10th of the next month (May 10th). This way, people can sign up, post comments to others in their RSVP (and/or a special message board thread for the month), and on the day of the event (or after) post resulting images to the Album for the monthly event (where more comments can be made), and to the message board for further discussion.

Another idea is to have weekly challenges (either as events or just announcements)...

It has been discussed, but personally I hesitate to suggest a get-together to discuss photos after each challenge, as it's a lot of work and I'm not interested in committing to monthly show and tell meetings (although occasionally would be ok).

Your thoughts?

Trish
Luis
user 3873660
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 22
I like it the way it is now, where the album is available from the start. But I like the idea of having a discussion thread for it on the message board.

The challenge is fun, but it's missing some interactivity. Maybe a weekly with only one theme would be more dynamic. Also to make it more interesting, we could vote for a picture and use the winner as the main image for the group during the next week.
reyeslp
user 3721376
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 15
I agree with Luis although weekly could be a bit short for me. 2 weeks seems better but then again it all depends on what the kids are doing. laughing
Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 269
Hi,

I think I'll continue on for a while in the monthly format, 10 things... I'll send out a notice and post the notice to the message boards. If you guys will start discussions on the 10 things, and/or post photos in the Album and perhaps display and discuss on message boards, it might inject some life into the challenge.

Further ideas and feedback totally welcome!

Thanks!

Trish