Dear Fellow PHPDetroit Member,
PHPDetroit is back after a couple months off. The next meetup is tentatively planned for October 31st and will likely be in the Ferndale / Royal Oak area. It's been a while since the last meeting (July), we should have some catching up to do.
In our July meetup, we talked about:
* PHP Certification
* Working with Clients - Outsourcing VS. Working with you
- How do you overcome this.
- Typical Experiences
- The actual costs of low cost labor
- Language barrier
* Use of Frameworks (recurring topic)
* Development Environments
* Using PHP beyond the web environment
* PHP Logging of errors - Log4PHP
- Trap errors to a log instead of to the screen.
- Improve end user experience
- Our PHP5 updated version
* Using Splunk to analyze logs from log4php, MySQL, Apache, system logs all in a single view
- Associate events in views to see what failed, or what triggered failures
- Virtually merges multiple log sources
* Memory Profiling in PHP
What do you, a fellow PHP Programmer, want to talk about at the next PHPDetroit meetup?