addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Pit Bull Classes & Events by Chako, Sacramento region Message Board › looking for a safe place to run my pitties.

looking for a safe place to run my pitties.

kim s.
user 17679011
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 2
Hi, My name is Kim and I am a very proud mom of 2, 5 year old APBT ( Pluto and Daisy) I am also member of the chako meet group , attended training classes with my little Daisy and gone on a few of the walks with both dogs.
My trouble is that Pluto and Daisy do not really want to be friends with other dogs. it is very hard to find a secure closed in area where I can let them run. I've done the 5am dog park run. ( but even that got difficult) there are more early risers then I thought. I've done the enclosed horse shoe pits, but that is not working so well now either. they get daily walks if my son remembers, but he is leaving and it is now going to be up to me, I am unfortunately not so healthy at this time and have had to have blood transfusions. So to get to the point. I am looking for an enclosed safe area to let them run maybe 3 times a week. I am willing to pay a rental fee for it. I just hate that they cant run like they want to. If anyone knows of a place or can help, please contact me, I'm getting desperate. thanks
Sheila S
user 12958373
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 98
My lab doesn't like other dogs. I take her to the dog park at Phoenix Field in Fair Oaks. There is one area that should be used for dogs that don't interact well or dogs that are too small or fragile to be around other dogs. I find that it is normally available. I'm not an early riser so I go around 11am and the park is pretty much empty. Also, evenings sometimes. Sometimes there will be a group of 8 or so people who sit around and talk in that area while their dogs play. I have had to remind them of the purpose of that area. Also, there are tennis courts at the corner of Sunset and Kenneth in Fair Oaks. I have seen people in their with dogs before.