addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 147
Hi everyone. Thanks to all of those who attended today's planning session. Here is a summary of what we have come up with so far, for those who weren't able to attend and as a reminder for those who did.

The following information will be provided at Eco Fest:

• Information on factory farming's impact on the environment, complete with statistics and visual charts (% of greenhouse gas emissions caused by factory farming) Sarah S, Sarah O and Annah
  • Power Point/ Clip from Peaceable Kingdom Kate and Sara T
  • Vegan pins Annah
  • Games for kids Sarah S and Sara T
  • A list of further readings (books, websites, and other recommended lit) Kate and Sarah O
  • Info on Hope Haven Farm Sanctuary Sarah O and Kate
  • Copies of books (selected by Kate and Sarah O) that we can display Everyone
  • Animal Fun Facts (information about cognitive abilities, social practices of animals) Who wants to do this?

- Kate and Sarah O ask your friend Steve if we can use pictures from Hope Haven for our display and pin the kiss on the pig
- We will all need to go in on purchasing certain items: pins, poster board, printing leaflets (I will see if we can get any money from center, but I'm doubtful they'll have any to give.)
- Sarah S, we will possibly need to borrow your outdoor extension cord

Jeffrey, Ellie, Jenna, and Colleen (among others who wanted to attend discussion session) want to also be involved. Let's try to fit everyone with at least one task.
Anne L.
VeganGoddess
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 384
I thought this had been moved to yesterday at the book club, so didn't show up! Sorry!

I will have tons of vegan treats on sale - perhaps we can arrange to have my table next to yours? My cookbook will also be for sale.

I have literature that I'm certainly not using, so you're welcome to it. Also, for a conference in 2011, I made up a book list on animal rights as an intersectional piece of social justice. It's available for use if you want - but it is not just eco-centered.

I have extension cords if you need them.

Some of you know that Sally Stewart and I founded the Three Rivers Vegan Society some years ago, and then ran out of steam in organizing it. We still have funds in our bank account - they've continued paying for the original members' subscriptions to VegNews Magazine. However, if you need some funds to cover purchasing a few things, I'll talk to Sally and see what her thoughts are on using some of "our" reserve.
A former member
Post #: 148
Yes, let's put your table next to ours. Kate will be presenting her green household products at a table next to us as well. I am sooooo excited to check out your cookbook! How awesome!

I would love to take a look at your book list. I will be doing some research up until Eco Fest and I'd love some recommendations. Also, I will let you know about extension cords. Thank you for offering!

That is so generous of you to want to help out with purchases Anne! Let's see what we need and estimate a cost for this. We should know soon!
Mike E.
mike_elliot
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 917
If you need a little cash, I would suggest holding a pot luck and charging $1 or $2 to attend or just ask for donations at the pot luck. Just a thought.
Mike E.
mike_elliot
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 918
Also as long it is not an all vegan event, you can hit up vegfund for money to cover the cost of giving out free samples of vegan food as that is their mission. Check them out at http://vegfund.org.
A former member
Post #: 149
Thank you for the great ideas Mike!
Kate P
user 14547519
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 17
Thanks for putting all of the notes together, Sarah!
A former member
Post #: 150
Would anyone like to contribute vegan recipes for Eco Fest? Not exactly sure how we will present them, maybe in the form of handouts? Thank you!!
Sarah
user 58824022
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 10
Oooh. Idea: How about if we have some recipes that show how you can get the nutrients that are typically associated with having to eat meat - so like a calcium rich meal that doesn't include dairy, an omega 3s without fish etc.? I can also work on putting together some of the nutrition information that relates these dietary issues back to environmental degradation if this is a direction that makes sense.
A former member
Post #: 151
I think it's a cool idea! We need to get another planning session on the calendar!