addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Play Time happy hour Message Board › Board games - Change in policy - please read

Board games - Change in policy - please read

Rachel
ms_smartypants
New York, NY
First and foremost please know that I *hate* to do this, and just want to continue in our goofy fun. This isn't a big deal, but is an FYI.

So, there is a growing trend of people who have opted to just not rsvp and then I have to hunt them down for the money once they show up. This is not only a pain, but it also prevents me from getting an accurate headcount and as such I sometimes have to scramble for tables, or there is not enough room, and then people complain. As such, going forward those who choose not to RSVP (which they can do up until the day before the event is planned) will have to pay $7 in person if they wish to just show up. I know it seems mean, but otherwise I will have to hire someone to track down these interlopers and the price will go up for everyone. Alternately, if I guarantee a certain amount and they don't show up, I get charged a heavy penalty fee by the bar. And honestly if they get the special drinks, of which I arrange many, they are still coming out way ahead.

I wish I didn't have to do this, it's just a logistical necessity. So RSVP early and often. It's just $4 and for that I spend a ton of time arranging locations and batting my eyelashes or pleading our collective abject poverty in order to get deals from vendors. I do this for you, people and I adore you all.

Please note that if you encounter an emergency and cannot attend a meetup that you have paid for, so long as you can provide some sort of proof of the emergency I will comp you for a future meetup and most likely buy you a drink to boot.