How can we engage children in our permaculture experiences? What would it look like if we included engaging experiences for the young people in our lives at our gatherings?
We invite anyone with a passion for permaculture (no formal training required) to join us for an opportunity to connect, brainstorm, and become inspired around the theme of engaging kids of all ages in our statewide permaculture network. Many people and organizations are already involved in the great work of permaculture education for youth, and our goal is to bring these folks and others together to build relationships and increase capacity for expanding upon current programming, increasing the visibility of existing opportunities, andmaking youth permaculture programs and resources more accessible to families and educators around the state.
This networking event is for you if you are:
- A child or adult of any age who is interested in permaculture and connecting with others who are!
- Interested in developing programs, curricula, or resources for permaculture education for kids.
- Currently running any permaculture programs for children and families.
- Looking to bring permaculture education to your home, school, camp, or organization.
- Interested in working to create tools for increasing visibility, accessibility and connectivity of people, programs and resources related to permaculture education for children, youth and families in Maine.
At this event you will have:
- ample opportunities for networking around common interests and goals
- an engaging design experience for all ages
- a place to connect with folks in your geographic region.
- Open Space
What to bring:
- Your passion for permaculture
- A notebook
- A camera, if you have one
- A laptop if you are willing to take notes during the sessions
- A healthy lunch item to share
- Your own potluck kit (plate/bowl/utensils/mug/napkin)
- Comfortable attire for the weather, rain or shine, as portions of the event may be held outdoors.
- Your KIDS!
This event will be family-centered and children of all ages are welcome.
Children's programming will be an integral part of the day.
Agenda for the day:
10:00 - Opening Circle & Welcome
10:20 - Storytime in the Oral Tradition
10:30 - Hayride & Family Activities (ongoing)
10:40 - Break
11:00 - Farm Cafe Conversations
11:55 - Gallery / Lunch
12:45 - Harvest / Action items
1:15 - Cafe closing - vision circle
1:20 - Break
1:45 - Family Design Challenge
3:00 - Closing Circle & Adjourning
Please send question to the organizers as the comments section is going to go everyone on the Meetup. Thanks!