The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Savoring Scarborough: Sowing A Local Food Revival

Savoring Scarborough: Sowing A Local Food Revival

Sylvan T.
user 11378950
Scarborough, ME
Post #: 12
Hey All!

Scarborough Adult Ed is hosting this evening program with Roger Doiron, from Kitchen Gardeners International, next Wednesday. It's a free event, they just want you to call ahead so they have a head count. I've put the link to the program at the end of the description.

New! Scarborough has a long history of producing delicious foods from the land and the sea and has the chance to sow a local foods revival that benefits our health, our natural resources and local economy. Part course, part community dialogue, we’ll begin with an entertaining and informative multimedia presentation placing the subject in a historical and geopolitical context. After briefly reviewing Scarborough’s food history, we’ll look to the future and why it’s important to become a food producing community again. We’ll consider current and potential roles that citizens, groups, businesses, farms, fishermen and the town can play.

http://scarborough.ma...­
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,273
I'll be there!
A former member
Post #: 1
Thanks for the post. I own an old farmhouse and barn in Scarborough, and I m on a quest to see the last two remaining acres of a once 100 acre farm become as productive as they ever were. The discussion sounds great. I can't wait.