We’re very excited that Eve Anderson is graciously opening up her oceanfront property to us pug lovers again.
Please print these directions if you've never been here. We are requiring RSVP’s so we can estimate how many will attend to plan accordingly.
You MUST arrive between[masked] since the property is gated, otherwise park your vehicle outside across the street (at your own risk) and walk in. If you park inside, you MUST be willing to stay until 1pm.
Pat will monitor the gate entrance area, then someone will direct people where to park. A collection of $5/family is requested upon entering-please bring exact change; this goes to a pet charity of Eve's choice.
To respect her privacy and generosity, we ask everyone to
follow these basic “rules” during our outing:
1. Be prompt! Allow plenty of time to arrive here on time-this is a priority because there’s a whole system we have to adhere to when entering/exiting her property. She uses 2 gates that one of us will have to monitor during arrival/departures, so it’s a time consuming process and none of us wants to spend the entire time at the gates as people meander in anytime.
2. Up to 20 cars will be allowed to park on her property, after that, the rest may park along the roadside across the street. If you are inviting guests, please carpool. Parking spots on the property are reserved for pug meetup members. Be sure to lock your cars and pugs MUST be leashed while crossing this very busy street and until safely through both gates and onto the property.
3. Please do not promote this as visiting the “Magnum PI” TV show house since
Eve has grown tired of that reference all of these years. Suprisingly, there are still fanatical fans who try to access her property, convinced that Tom Selleck will appear any minute. So limit this discussion to ourselves, not to her.
4. There are picnic tables-we will bring all paper products and everyone can list their potluck dish. Bring your own drinks.
5. Please bring water for your pug, water bowls, lawn chairs or mat.
6. It will be low tide, there is a huge turtle pond, so wear your swim suits and bring plenty of towels. She has a hose for rinsing off. Pugs MUST be monitored closely while on the beach. There was an incident in the past, with a Lab group, where the dog ran down the beach and stole a chicken off of the neighbors grill!
7. Eve is not liable for any accident, injury, falling coconut, etc. while on her property.
8. Bathrooms will be available-signs will be posted to access them in an outer bldg. You have to enter a small gate that overlooks the seawall, so pugs that follow you to the bathroom have to be on-leash at all times so as not to jump off of the seawall.
9. Please REFRAIN from bringing any dogs in heat, large dogs, or dogs that are not properly socialized. (Small socialized dogs are fine.)
10. We hope everyone will be respectful and follow these guidelines-this will allow us to continue the use of this site for the future-we want to make a good impression. Eve LOVES pugs, we want her to love the owners as well…And, we want to be invited back again!