addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Honolulu Pug Meetup Group Message Board › Sunday meetup recap

Sunday meetup recap

Pat
NickAbby
Waipahu, HI
What a fabulous day to be at the beach with 29 families and 45 pugs!!!

Thank you to all who followed directions and were able to arrive on time for a smooth entry.  Upon our arrival, Eve shared that the Lab group that she recently hosted (yes, the same ones that had the Lab steal food off of a neighbor's grill!), ran onto the beach off-leash bothering other families, bit a young child while lunging for food and invited guests who had out-of-control cocker spaniels, so I hope that you all understand that I don't ever want her to think badly of our pug group, so I admit, I'm a bit anal about following "rules" at her home.

The early start paid off since it was low tide with no wind, the sun was out and it was perfect for pug swimming, floating and water taxi transfer practice all morning.  I'm so proud of the members who initially said that their pugs hated to swim and now, look how far they've come!  The ole' "lift the tail gently" trick works wonders!

We welcomed 3 new members: Sarah & Steve with Tasi & Max; Jennifer (who posted great pix) with Desi; Diane with Wednesday (I forgot to ask if they're Adams Family fans!?)   :)

I always think I'll be able to individually greet people once we all get settled, but I never do, it's just too big of a group with too many distractions and I just love being in the water with my puglets, so I do apologize for not personally greeting all.  Our smaller venues are more laid back.

It sure looked like everyone had fun.  Thanks again to Balbino for the photos.  If anyone has more, please post, especially the swim race ones, the finish sure was close!!

The potluck food was yummy, varied and plentful.  Thank you to all those who helped out, esp. with the clean-up and for allowing our exit to go smoothly as well.

The meetup for Oct is 7 Oct 8am at Magic Island, Ala Moana Beach Park: http://www.hawaiianhumane.org/petwalk.html­

If anyone wants to organize a pug meet up place and walk together, you can post under "discussions" and let me know and I can email all members and you can coordinate it.  Dawn nor I will be hosting this event.

We will have special holiday plans for Nov & Dec, so stay tuned.

Pug love to everyone,

aloha, Pat