Python User Group in Princeton Message Board › Meetup Organizer Reinstated :)

Meetup Organizer Reinstated :)

Brian K. J.
user 13094420
Pipersville, PA
Post #: 4
Hi all,

I was victimized by the GMail tabbed email interface and apparently missed emails from Meetup.com letting me know that for whatever reason I guess autorenew wasn't going to kick in for the coming year or something. As a result of missing *those* emails, *everyone* in this meetup got another email saying I had "stepped down" as organizer.

While I'm less of a presence in the PUG/IP meetups, it's still the group I started and the group my company (aweber.com) continues to support through paying for meetup.com, and responding in the event that the co-organizers have things they want to do and need sponsorship or a location to meet or whatever.

So, I've updated meetup.com, the PUG/IP meetup is fine, and I'm looking forward to getting to a point where I can be in attendance at more meetups and drinkups.

Hope all's well, and hope to see you all soon!
brian
Venu M.
vmoola
Group Organizer
Princeton, NJ
Post #: 7
Brian,

I as well received that email from meetup that this group will be deleted in 10 days if no one claims to be an Organizer.

I know how hard it is to start and nurture a group and didn't want all your efforts go in vain in creating and building this group to where it is today.

I was very sure that you didn't step down intentionally but wanted to keep this group alive and volunteered to be the organizer.

As an Organizer of the Princeton Tech Meetup and wanting to build the tech ecosystem in the Princeton area i'd like to support building this group.

Happy to hand it over back to you if you'd like take it back as an organizer. Or to Brian McNamara or James Polera.

Best,
Venu