As of my writing this note, we are a group of 650+ 20 & 30 somethings.
We are steered by one organizer (yours truly), and six assistant organizers who do an awesome job of herding the cats.
We are all much obliged to you, dearest assistant organizers.
, "organizers inc" should have an "org" meetup and I'll buy the first round.
So now you
want to be an assistant organizer too?
I thought you might....ya lush
Anywaaaay, become an assistant organizer. Here are some benefits from personal experience.
I find organizing ;
- fun & invigorating. I wonder....who am I going to meet today?
- gets me out and about
- has me trying new things & introducing people to old favorites
- gives me the reigns (everyone else has to do what I say BWAHAHAHAA...no...not really...you don't...)
- Is teaching me how to interact with various personalities (...umm...no tests please)
- ...well...I see familiar, friendly faces in town, etc
- grants me opportunities to meet interesting people, and I've made some long term friends along the way
- And there's cake. ...a la mode.
Okay...that last one was a lie. But the rest holds.
If you are already an assistant organizer and you no longer want to be one / you hate puppies, please let me know, and I'll remove the role.
...so, become an event organizer, or an assistant organizer.Why
? Because you are a giver who wants to help diversify our group events, in order to reflect our rich interests and backgrounds.How
? Just send me a note and it shall be done.
Is there training
involved? : Yeah. Here it is...up to something interesting / fun? Take us along by telling us when and where it's happening. That's it.
As always, you're welcome to ping me with any further questions, comments, etc.