addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York Puggles Meetup Group Message Board › can your puggle swim??

can your puggle swim??

A former member
Post #: 6
i'm tempted to take my puggles to the lake or nearby shore to see if they can swim. i'm a little nervous and bought them life jackets.

so, does you puggle know how to swim? how did you approach it? methods, advice, etc.
my two run when they see my watering the plants! LOL

thx!
A former member
Post #: 49
Molly liked the water last summer. I am not s sure about this year yet. I am waiting for my pool to be put in, so when it is, we shall see. Last summer, we would put a floating lounge by the edge of the pool and she would jump on it and float around the pool. As for her swimming, we had to put her in the water and someone would stand at the other end of the pool with a treat, and she would swim to them. As long as we left the float part in the pool and part out, she would come in and out at her leisure. Just make sure to hose your dogs off with water after each swim, the chlorine is not good for their skin. She did not need a life jacket for the pool, but I think I would get her one if I ever take her on our boat ( which we never have ) maybe some day, but not now. 3 kids and us are enough.......lol

I have yet to bring her to the beach, no dogs are allowed where I live, So I doubt that will ever happen.
A former member
Post #: 3
I took Mocha to my uncles house this weekend.. and she loved the pool she is only 5 months.. thay absolutley know how to swim... she loves the pool... she threw herself into the pool 5 times..
Jen
user 3926823
Hillsdale, NJ
Post #: 1
Yes, they can!!!
I have a lab that always jumps in my pool! I was really worried to let my puggle in but she followed and she was fine. Now I can't stop her from jumping in.smile
A former member
Post #: 50
Well, my pool is finally finished and the first thing Molly did, was jump in!! ( I do have the pool enclosed in a separate area of the yard, so she can only get to it when we are there with her) Guess she remembered from last year. I don't know what I love more, seeing her swim in the water, or when we hold her out and above the water and she is still doing the doggie paddle in the air!!...Too funny looks like we are going to have a great summer with her in the pool! Hope yours does too!
Jamie
user 4622291
Melrose, MA
Post #: 4
I took Matty to the a lake up in NH for a long weekend this summer and I never thought he would be able to swim as he is 45 pounds and has very short stubby legs. We went with his 3 friends, 2 labs and a puppy golden retriever. Matty watched them all at first but then decided to go in and he can swim. I have started bringing him in the pool as well. I don't think he loves it but he can definintely swim :)