San Diego Pug Club Message Board › How much does your pug weigh?

How much does your pug weigh?

A former member
Post #: 35
Pearl was 5 pounds at 11 weeks and I think she is growing a LOT!! She's almost 15 weeks now and I think she is at least 7 pounds. I'm wondering how much she will be when she is full-grown.

How big are your pugs?
A former member
Post #: 16
Hi. You will find that pugs come in all shapes and sizes. The breed standard is 14-18 lbs. I have 3 girls and they weigh as follows:

Callie (10 months) 14 lbs

Sophie (2 years) 18 lbs

Phoebe (4 years) 23 lbs

Phoebe is overweight and has been on diet food for over a year. She is not loosing weight but not gaining either. She has a bad habit of eating our other girls food if we don't watch her closely. My other 2 pugs are on Nutro weight maintenance dog food because I do not want them to get overweight.

Good Luck and have fun with your new baby.

VIVIAN
A former member
Post #: 18
You have to look at her breeding too. Did she come from large pug parents? Just be careful with NO scraps, and do NOT "free feed" ... I feed mine 3/4 a cup (Natural Balance) twice a day, they are 6 months old now, and not overweight. They are also VERY active, having eachother to play with and going on big walks every day.

Pearl is adorable! (Oh, I met a girl yesterday who imported a Pug from China that full grown weighs 30 pounds!) So, they come in many weights, your vet can let you know is she is on track with her weight.

Vivian: don't you have Pugsly or Mikey anymore?smile
A former member
Post #: 36
Pearl gets 1/2 cup of dry food (mixed with a tablespoon of wet Nutro) in the morning and 1/2 cup at night. My husband gives her about 3/4 cup when he feeds her, but she never eats that much. So she eats about 1 cup per day. Plus, she gets some treats but not many -- she prefers to carry her treats around the apartment rather than eat them.

Her mother weighed 14 pounds but her dad weighed 28 pounds!! He didn't look overweight when we met him -- he was just a BIG pug. So we'll see where she ends up. I can't imagine that she will be 14 pounds by 10 months like Callie because she seems so small now. But I guess they grow fast!
A former member
Post #: 17
You must be thinking of another Vivian. I have owned only 3 pugs, the girls I have now!
A former member
Post #: 21
Vivian: I am thinking of Vivian Thode, she is the breeder I bought my pug puppies from. Thought you were her! Thanks for clearing that up!
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site.

Just to chime in, Ollie is 14 pounds and not done yet. I don't think she will get much bigger. Maybe a couple pounds. Her parents are rather large, or plump as I like to call them. We regularly see her sister and she is considerably bigger than Ollie

Oh well Pug are like snowflakes right?
A former member
Post #: 41
Update -- we went to the vet last night and Pearl weighs 7.5 pounds now!! She grew 2. 5 pounds in about 3.5 weeks.
A former member
Post #: 6
Well, Oliver was the premie from a litter of 4. He weighs 25 lbs. 7 oz. His vets says that pugs are full grown at 9 mos. We saw this in him - then he just filled out. His daddy "Popeye" was beautiful and kinda big, his mommy "Tinkerbell" was only I believe 9 mos. old when she had the four pups. So, Oliver resembles his mother in size and has charactistics and temperament of his pappa. As, what I see pugs come in all different shapes and sizes. It's a good practice to see the parents first. As a puppy he was on Nuturo and now he is on Enukanuba (sp?8#@?). Mary aka: Oliver's Granny
A former member
Post #: 15
My Buddy is BIG at 28 lbs. He only eats 0.5 cups of kibble a day but it sticks with him.