For those of us who are not at Velocity this week- we have a ton of great content lined up for this month. Not one, but THREE presentations.
Co-Organizer Doug Grove from The Ladders is hosting the group at their office in SOHO in this month!! There will be Pizza and Beer, so plan to arrive early.
After the meeting we will be heading to a local watering hole to research beer automation.
The THREE presentations for this month include:
1) Dynamic Orchestration without using Exported Resources by Rob Terhaar from Atlantic Dynamic
2) Puppet 3.0 mini-review by James Sweeny from PuppetLabs
3) "Spinning up a Stack" an Introduction to AWS CloudFormation by Brian Gupta from Brandorr Group (time permitting)
Rob Terhaar will be speaking about how to use the Puppet DB query module to lookup data from puppetdb, e.g.,( https://github.com/dalen/puppet-puppetdbquery )
James will be giving our group a quick overview of the new features and changes in Puppet 3.0.
"Spinning up a Stack" an Introduction to AWS CloudFormation by Brian Gupta
CloudFormation gives developers and system administrators an easy way to describe and provision collections of AWS resources. In this presentation, we'll breakdown what CloudFormation is, the components of CloudFormation, and give a live demonstration of CloudFormation in use.
We'll also share some example code, answer questions, and walk through the process of creating and managing your own templates.
- Forums: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/
- Docs: http://aws.amazon.com/documentation/cloudformation/
- Examples: http://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/aws-cloudformation-templates/