~~~ PUPPY MILL AWARENESS DAY EVENT ~~
Each year we round up as many members as possible to make some big noise in a key city. Sometimes the threat of a protest has given a store the boot! This year we choose Mt. Clemens – home to our state’s WORST pet store to kick off our new BOYCOTT POLLYWOODS PET Campaign. Are you ready???
Yes, we have protested at the Trade Center before, successfully ruining their 2010 Pet Expo and future plans for Pet Expos. This time we will be around much longer and already have scheduled events on our calendar: 10/8 A Town Hall, 10/21 and 10/28 City Commissioner Meetings and Holiday Protests.
We won’t be “rescuing” any animals to prove our case (and we ask that you do not either). We are armed with years of inspections, almost 200 complaints and a new County Animal Control Officer (Jeff Randazzo) that knows the Pet Store Laws!!!
Learn more about Pollywood and our campaign plans on our website.
Are you read to take action and support Jeff Randazzo! RSVP Today!
Signs: We will have plenty of signs and banners to hold. Note, we are holding a sign-making party on 9/1 in Clarkston. For this campaign, we prefer you not make your own signs. We will have clear factual messages that will effectively warn the public.
Contact: Pam Sordyl[masked]
Parking: Park next door in the vacant lot (formerly the Macomb Daily). Do not park in the Trade Center lot.
1) Do not go into the Trade Center or Pollywood store before, during or after the protest.
2) Do not walk or park in the Trade Center parking lot. We have to stay on public property which includes the easement which is approximately 20 feet from the road.
3) Do not block the view of vehicles pulling out of the Trade Center.
4) Do not interrupt the flow of traffic. If cars stop, make sure they pull around to the parking area near the entrance side and keep moving.
5) Please do not bring your dog. We do not recommend having animals at protests that are near traffic and subject to potentially bad weather.
Join our Pollywood Boycott Facebook