Members and concern citizens are invited to join our weekday protests at Westland Dog Food Company beginning in October.
Westland Dog Food Co continues to work with brokers and mass-producing commercial breeders whom the USDA has cited for violations of the Animal Welfare Act.
We have been reaching out to the store owners since July 2011 with letters to stop selling puppies with no response. We completed a 6-month boycott in June 2012 and now plan to host ongoing protests until the store transitions to a pet-friendly business model.
You can follow our campaign online under the Meetup Discussions.
Time: Please join us from 3-4:30!
Parking: Park in the back of Biggby Coffee.
Crossing: Please use the cross walk at Newburgh
Late Arrivals: If you are late and do not have sign, I may have one with me at the protest.
Signs: We will have some signs to hold. If you wish to make your own sign, here are some suggestions. Remember all signs have to be factual.
"Boycott Westland Dog Food Co"
"Ask about the puppies mothers"
"Westlannd Dog Foof Co = Puppy Mills"
"Go Humane, or get out of Business - Westland Dog Food Co"
“Adopt, Don't Shop"
"Beware of the Pet Store"
"Warning - Sick Puppies"
1) Do not go into the store, before, during or after the rally. If you choose to protest, you can no longer go into the store to check anything out on any day.
2) Do not walk or park in the plaza lot. We have to stay on public property.
3) Do not stand too close to the entrance.
4) Do not block the view of vehicles pulling out of the plaza.
5) Do not interrupt the flow of traffic. If cars stop, make sure they pull around to our parking area and keep moving.
6) If it looks like rain we will still protests. Most signs are plastic covered and we have plastic bags for signs the public brings out. We will not protest if there is lightening.
7) You may bring your dog, but we do not recommend having animals at rallies that are near traffic and subject to potentially bad weather.