Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup (Southeast Michigan) Message Board › JRT John Jones (Animal Hoarder & Puppy Mill)

JRT John Jones (Animal Hoarder & Puppy Mill)

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
CROSSPOST: Do not rescue the 200 JRTs until kennel is officially closed

PLEASE FORWARD and CROSS POST

Rescue Groups,

In regards to the s.o.s message to rescue the 200 Jack Russells, Shiba Inus and Border Collies in Missaukee County (listed as Wexford Cty). Please wait until the prosecutor has finalized his case against this breeder (JRT John). The breeder has until March 4th to become complaint to the Michigan kennel standards. We do not believe he can get a kennel license and plans are in place to shut this kennel down (FOR GOOD) and place the animals through local law enforcement.

If rescues pull all of the animals, the sheriff can not do his job.

The animals will not all be euthanized.

They are mostly aggressive packed up adult dogs (mostly JRTs) that have lived all their lives in a kennel bonded to John. They will need medical attention and proper foster/rehab.

Please let local law enforcement close this kennel down and then offer to help place the animals.

Pam Sordyl
Founder of Puppy Mill Awareness of SE Michigan
734-828-1400
pmamichinfo@yahoo.com
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,505

Photo Credit: Puppy Mill Awareness of SE Michigan
February 2012 undercover photo

ASPCA Assists in Recovery of More Than 150 Dogs from Michigan Puppy Mill

Establishes Temporary Sheltering and Placement for Seized Animals
to Support Missaukee County Sheriff’s Office

Lake City, Mich.—The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) Field Investigations and Response team is assisting with the removal and sheltering of more than 150 dogs from two separate locations owned by a large, substandard, unlicensed breeding facility called JRT John's Jack Russell and Shiba Inu Kennel in Lake City, Mich. The removal of the animals is a result of a civil action, prompted by violation of Michigan’s Dog Law, led by the Missaukee County Sheriff’s Office and the Roscommon County Animal Shelter.

The dogs—mainly Jack Russell terriers and Shiba Inus—were discovered living in outdoor enclosures with little protection from the elements. Many dogs had no access to clean drinking water or proper shelter, with plastic carriers being their only refuge from rain, snow or sun. Responders on the scene found the dogs were unsocialized and fearful when handled by humans. The ASPCA believes the facility to be a puppy mill, a large-scale breeding operation, where profit is given priority over the well-being of the animals.

“Puppy mill dogs may suffer from living in a variety of inhumane conditions including unsanitary conditions, inadequate veterinary care, and lack of basic necessities and socialization,” said Kathryn Destreza, director of Investigations for ASPCA Field Investigations and Response. “We are pleased to aid the Missaukee County Sheriff’s Office and Roscommon County Animal Shelter by providing expertise and resources to support the case and remove the dogs from this situation. Our goal is to see that these animals are healthy and placed with rescue groups where they can find new homes as quickly as possible.”

“This case has been years in the making and we felt strongly that something had to be done to protect these animals,” said Sherriff Jim Bosscher. “The ASPCA’s resources and sheltering knowledge, combined with the support of the Roscommon County Animal Shelter, will finally allow these dogs the chance to have a happy life.”

Dogs requiring medical examinations are being transported to a nearby temporary shelter, where they will receive veterinary care from the ASPCA’s medical team, led by medical director Dr. Sarah Kirk. Dogs that are medically and behaviorally sound will be immediately placed by Roscommon County Animal Shelter with ASPCA response partners, including Medina County SPCA (Medina, Ohio) and Animal Humane Society (Golden Valley, Minn.), which are also supporting the sheltering operation and will help provide daily care for the animals. Other agencies in Michigan assisting the operation include Michigan Humane Society (Bingham Farms), Kalkaska County Animal Control (Kalkaska) and Clare County Animal Shelter (Harrison).

“We are thankful to the ASPCA for making such a large-scale seizure possible,” said Terry MacKillop, director of Roscommon County Animal Shelter. “Our staff will be working closely with ASPCA responders to ensure the best possible outcome for these dogs.”

Once medical exams are complete, the ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Behavior Team will begin behavior evaluations of dogs at the temporary shelter and work with Roscommon County Animal Shelter and ASPCA response partners to determine placement options.

The ASPCA Field Investigations and Response team has rescued countless dogs from puppy mills across the nation. Furthermore, the ASPCA’s Government Relations department has been active in promoting legislation that would strengthen regulations and raise minimum standards of care for dogs in puppy mills, including the Puppy Protection Act currently before the Michigan legislature. Additionally, the ASPCA launched a national “No Pet Store Puppies” campaign, which seeks to raise awareness about the connection between puppy mills and pet stores and end the demand for puppy mill dogs. For more information about puppy mills and how to fight animal cruelty, visit www.nopetstorepuppies.com.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,506

This is the reality of hoarding animals. Most counties do
not provide unsocialized animals a chance to rehabilitate.

Photo Provided by Barry County Police 2007 ~ 85 dogs were removed

from JRT John and euthanized the same day. Heartwrenching.

Meetup Members,

The Missaukee prosecutor, William Donnelly, did not respond to my letter dated 5/31/13 that I shared with you. Time is running out, he should have filed cruelty charges by now! Undersheriff Yancer is doing his best to stop John from collecting animals againg. He is recommending that probation be attached to the Resisting and Obstructing charge (felony case), but again we need prosecutor Donnelly to make this happen. Please sign the petition to let Donnelly know people DO CARE about injustice to animals and we don’t’ want JRT John moving to another county!

http://www.change.org/petitions/william-donnelly-jrt-john-animal-hoarder-needs-to-stop?utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition­

Sign and share!

Thanks

Pam Sordyl
Founder of Puppy Mill Awareness of SE Michigan
734-828-1400
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,507

Photo courtesy of Puppy Mill Awareness
of SE Michigan: February 2012 investigation

Michigan’s Largest Animal Hoarder

Allowed To Have Animals

Michigan group petitions prosecutor
to file cruelty charges

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 13th, 2013

Lake City, Mich. – On June 4, 2013 Puppy Mill Awareness of Southeast Michigan launched an online petition to stop John Jones from having animals and costing tax payers more money to regulate, investigate and seize neglected animals. The petition targeting the Missaukee prosecutor has reached over 1,000 signatures.

Link to online petition:
https://www.change.or...­

On May 23, 2013, Missaukee County seized approximately 160 animals from John Jones, Michigan's largest hoarder and puppy mill. Just a few years earlier, Barry County seized 85 animals after Jones violated zoning laws.

“There's a pattern of cruelty here, and since officials didn't include probation in the latest case, he could easily move to another county or state and start all over again” stated Pam Sordyl, Founder of Puppy Mill Awareness of Southeast Michigan.

The sheriff’s initial kennel inspection resulted in a multitude of violations involving basic care standards, however the Missaukee County prosecutor only filed civil charges against Jones under Public Nuisance.

o According to the inspection reports, Mr. Jones is accused of housing over 160 dogs, including Jack Russells, Shiba Inus and Border Collies, who were discovered by the Roscommon Animal Control Officer to have insufficient water, shelter, sanitary conditions, and protection from the elements. (THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT) Act 328 of 1931)

o In addition, Mr. Jones was performing his own removal of dew claws and tail docking on the puppies. Such actions are illegal in Michigan. These procedures are considered a surgery and can only be performed by a licensed veterinarian. (PUBLIC HEALTH CODE (EXCERPT) Act 368 of 1978)

“Michiganians have no tolerance for animal neglect or cruelty and want those who commit such acts held accountable. The sheer number of animals involved in the Jones case is shocking.” Sordyl

Jones will be facing Chief Circuit Court Judge Honorable William M. Fagerman on Tuesday, June 25th for felony charges for assaulting an officer and resisting arrest during the seizure. Undersheriff William Yancer hopes to include probation terms that will prevent Jones from having animals in other counties or states.

Learn more about Puppy Mill Awareness
http://www.meetup.com/detroit-puppy-mill-awareness/about/­

###
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,665

If JRT John obtained new dogs or was able to hide some breeding dogs from the police during the seizure last May, he may be having new litters of Jack Russell’s now.

In the civil lawsuit, the court found that his kennel was a public nuisance and he cannot own more than three (3) dogs. This only covers Missaukee County. Part of his bond on the Resisting and Obstructing charge is he can not own any animals. The bond is only in effect while the case is active. He has until May 2014 to pay his fine and I believe the case will be closed. Please keep a look out for JRT ads. He may be operating outside of Missaukee County.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,666
FROM JRT JOHN'S WEBSITE
http://www.jrtjohn.co...­

5-23-13 Today the ASSHOLES came and took all my kids

5-24-13 Today was first time in 30 years not to hear my kids it is so hard

5-26-13 Today I saw on the news all the people making my dog run and get so muddy it was so stupid of them not my dogs they don't do that with me there.

6-6-13 Call me to hear what is next on the Prosecutor's illegal removal of my Daughter's dogs. I may need witnesses to fight this.

6-20-13 It makes me so sad to know that the ASSHOLES care so much for the dogs they took that they can't even call them by their real names or even know their birth dates.

6-25-13 Today was a pretrial hearing with 30 more days of crap before it can end. Found out there is a recording that the undercover cops did of the illegal arrest on Dickerson road. It will not look so good for them. I told them they had no right to be at that address but they started pushing me around any way.

7-9-13 The recording has been altered. The county- cops are real cool about protecting them self. They will have to screw them in the ground.

7-22-13 I am going to have to go to trial over the criminal charges. I am not going to take a plea for the illegal arrest. All the lyres will have to purger themselves in court over it.

8-8-13 When I get a trial date I will be putting it up here.

9-18-13 I have a lot of stuff still happening to me over the ASS HOLES doing the things that they did to me. I am trying to get a good Attorneys Office to look at all that was said and done to me.

10-8-13 My Attorney said I can not beat the illegal charges. The law is setup to protect the cops. All I would do is get a criminal conviction. So I have to just take their crap to stay out of jail and take a plea.

EMAIL ME