PyAtl: Atlanta Python Programmers Message Board › Python/Django Position Available at Funded Startup (Chattanooga, TN)

Python/Django Position Available at Funded Startup (Chattanooga, TN)

Travis T.
travistruett
Chattanooga, TN
Post #: 1
Hello all,

My name is Travis Truett and I work for a start-up in Chattanooga.

We sit down at our computers every morning and quickly become overwhelmed by all of the information coming at us. Nobody has time to surf the web anymore and our family, our friends, are becoming paralyzed by their digital selves. This problem is getting worse and a curated, personalized web is becoming more and more important.

We are a "personalized news" start-up which happen to be a dime a dozen right now. We have a large data-set, a decent user-base, a solid API, machine learning experience, and a very talented team. Realistically, so does everybody else.

We are different because we are approaching the problem with a different mindset. Curated news is a process and our users need to buy into this experience. They need to watch themselves grow and visually see progress. The current offerings are too binary and do not address the chicken-and-the-egg problem very well. Our competitors are also not creatively dealing with the "filter bubble" that occurs when you push somebody their exact interests all day every day. We are creating a simple system that empowers our users while providing us with very valuable data-points. We believe the next big "news" company will not be the most technically advanced, but will engage people in a more meaningful way. I believe it can be us.

We are launching our mobile offering this fall and need a python/django developer to help us scale and grow.

If any of the above interests you feel free to contact me for more details.

Thank you,
Travis Truett
travis.truett [at] gmail [dot] com