April Organic Raw Gourmet Potluck
Here is the link to the potluck info:
/10206516/]April Organic Raw Gourmet Potluck[/url]
Be careful, if you reply to this email it will go out to the entire group!
Kimberly will be hosting us for this potluck gathering. She lives on the Mesa, her street is off of Carrillo Street near the crest of the Carrillo hill. She has a large patio for us that faces west for a nice sunset view. We'll be inside and and out on the patio so dress for the outside weather and bring a layer in case it cools off.
Please bring your own plates and utensils We want to reduce waste for the planet and leave less cleanup for our hostess. We will have some paper plates and plasticware available but let's try not to use it so we can have a Zero Waste event.
If we get RSVPs for over 20 people it would be great if some of you could bring lawn chairs or folding chairs, if you have one or two toss them in the car in case we need some! -thanks!
Kimberly is particulary interested in recipe sharing. Everyone is always encouraged to bring a copy of their recipe to the potluck along with their dish but let's make an extra effort this month! If you have ever had anyone ask you about a past dish please bring a copy of that recipe too. There is a great tool we have here on the Meetup website called FILES that you can click on in the upper left corner. You can post your recipes as a file on our website. Our file collection can be our virtual SB Organic Raw Food Meetup Group cookbook.
The Support Group - For anyone interested there will be a Support Group meeting prior to the potluck starting at 4:30 PM and led by Lisa Moore, (the topic and/or video will be announced with a discussion to follow). These support group meetings will be great for new raw foodists with questions as well as experienced raw foodists looking for support.
5:30 PM Arrive for the Potluck Make a nametag including what neighborhood you're from (to support carpooling & smaller neighborhood potlucks), fill out an ingredients card to place by your dish, and please contribute $1 towards website.
5:45 PM We will gather around the table and introduce ourselves and say which dish we brought.
We will load up our plates and hear any announcements as we finish serving.
Feel free to bring any announcements, flyers, books etc. about raw food you would like to share with the entire group :)
Please review the potluck guidelines below.
We are looking forward to gathering with you!
Your Organizers (Michael David is lead organizer for this event)
Did you know there is a GREAT benefit to being a host/hostess?? you do NOT make a dish!!!
Our host/hostesses are so generous to volunteer & open their home to us so we have a place to meet & we are so appreciative! Please contact the organizing team by clicking on the "email me" in the "Organized by" box to the left. We are looking for hosts for some of the months ahead.
The Potluck Guidelines:
1. For EACH person attending, please bring a generous dish. Our group supports a RAW VEGAN ORGANIC Lifestyle so please use organic raw vegan ingredients in your dish. BE CREATIVE!!! We like to WOW each other and have a FABULOUS dinner. This is our monthly treat to each other!
2. Please avoid using anything people might be allergic to. Common issues are wheat intolerance and avoiding vinegars. It's easy to substitute sea salt or some miso mixed with water for Nama Shoyu, Tamari, or Liquid Aminos. Lemon or lime juice can stand in for vinegar. Thanks!
3. Please mention in your RSVP what you'll be bringing. (Remember you can come back and revise your RSVP comments at any time.) Note: Links to free raw food recipes are in the "Files" link at the left.
4. If you are new to raw food & want to try this out w/o making a dish - we have an option for you. Instead of bringing a dish you can pay $15.00 for your dinner. The max. for this potluck is 2 (two) dinner reservations. Contact the potluck organizer to make a reservation. You MUST make a reservation for this option.
5. Please bring photocopies of your recipe to share. How cool is this? You could bring one recipe and go home with a dozen! Better yet, post your recipe on the Meetup.com site (in the left column click on "Files" and upload your recipe document to save paper & clutter.)
6. It is appreciated if you can contribute $1.00 towards the monthly cost for our Meetup.com site.
7. A benefit to being our Host/Hostess for the potluck is you do not have to make a dish! If you are interested in host(ess)ing please contact the organizing team by clicking on "email me" in the "Organized by" box to the left. We are looking for hosts for some of the months ahead.[url=http://www.meetup.com/raw-food/calendar