The Inland Empire Raw Foods Meetup Group Message Board › Week Long Nut and Seed Challenge!

Week Long Nut and Seed Challenge!

Paul
user 2283802
Group Organizer
Rialto, CA
Post #: 7
Recently, I cut down on nuts and seeds due to high prices; this prompted me to have more alkalizing meals such as salads and smoothies, and I found I had increased energy and a better feeling all around! If you wanted to go nut and seed free for a week, and discuss your results on the message board, that would be great! We would love to hear from you, and feel free to ask questions on the subject!

Here's to your dynamic health with lots of love and galaxies of gratitude!

Paul:)
A former member
Post #: 8
Okay, I realize this was posted 2 1/2 years ago, but apparently no one has taken on the challenge, and because I love being the only one to post on this meetup page, and got the urge today to let go of nuts seeds and other fats for several days, I thought I'd respond ;]

So my biggest motivator for eating raw, after growing into my spiritually clear light body, is to have clear skin. It's been much clearer since I started raw over 3 weeks ago, but at the end of last week, I engaged in at least 3 different eating habits, one or a combination of which must of contributed to my skin becoming congested as it has not in a very long time (and actually in a different way than i'm used to). So I have no idea WHICH of the following events caused it:

1) I ate much more cacao than usual
2) I ate much more nuts than usual (and a lot were cashews, which I hear could be difficult to digest)
3) Following some very emotionally jarring news, I consumed a CUPCAKE of all things, a few bites of a cinco de mayo casserole, AND a not-so-natural chocolate chip granola bar (this was for sure the MOST unhealthy "cheat" that occurred for me since going raw, and it was quite a bit of unhealthy sugars and flour)

So I'm assuming that it is #3; however, I really don't know! So, for the next 5 days until we meet for our Cinco De Mayo dinner, I'm not gonna do any nuts or seeds or other natural fats (avocado or oil), and also no dried fruit, tamari, or salt. However, I just bought a bunch of maitaki mushrooms and have half a portabella left and I so adore sauteeing them in olive oil, tamari, and agave, so... let's see, I can make a soup out of em ... Oh, shoot, no tamari in there. Hm. I'll manage. I enjoy them completely raw too.

So, I'm gonna focus on a LOT more greens than i usually eat, actually, and some fresh fruit. So a smoothie fast I guess, as much as possible, perhaps with some soup variations. Maybe I'll fall asleep at a reasonable hour doing this instead of typing to NO ONE at near-midnight on a monday ;]

(PS. I'm only gonna share my Immuno Mushroom Sacred Chocolate Bar with those who post SOMETHING on our discussion page before our next meet up) ;]
A former member
Post #: 3
thanks for your posts!
I think it is the nuts...frankly I eat a lot of nuts and it's not that good actually. I think if you have nuts in front of you, you should eat a handful and that's it. I put a lot of nuts in my deserts and it's good cause they are mixed with dates BUT that doesn't mean its good for the body.

Have you tried soaking before eating them? if you soak them, break the enzymes down, then rinse, leave to dry (i leave mine in a baking sheet with paper on bottom and lay them out to dry and turn on the "light" on the oven and let them sit until they get dry completely before I eat them.

that's another option....but I think I'll do the challenge of going off nuts/seeds for a while OR at lest reduce the intake.

I agree, they are getting so expensive these days!
There is a place in upland I believe, it's an arabic "farmer's market", they nuts unprocessed are SUPER CHEAP there! I used to buy any kind for very cheap price.

I believe it's "exit mountain" from the 10fwy going West. Ok I'm terrible with difrections, that's probably not the direction that freeway goes LOL but I'll get that address for you all.
thank you

gaby